10 Steps to Hiring Your First Employee
Good evening, for the last week and a half, I’ve been searching on this topic. I’m sharing this for those who are interested. Thanks and enjoy!
The good news is that business is booming. The bad news is there’s only one of you. Perhaps it’s time to take the plunge and hire some help.
There are many good sources of information about finding the right people, writing job descriptions, interviewing candidates and managing people once they are on board. In addition, you’ll need to understand your regulatory requirements as an employer because it is crucial to the success of your business. These 10 easy steps will help you ensure you are compliant with key federal and state regulations when hiring.
Before proceeding with the steps below, remember to find and attract employees…
1. Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
2. Set up Records for Withholding Taxes
3. Employee Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
4. Register with Your State’s New Hire Reporting Program
5. Obtain Workers’ Compensation Insurance
6. Unemployment Insurance Tax Registration
7. Obtain Disability Insurance (If Required)
8. Post Required Notices
9. File Your Taxes
10. Get Organized and Keep Yourself Informed
Read more at http://www.sba.gov/content/10-steps-hiring-your-first-employee.